Call for Abstracts
The Organising Committee for the International Conference on X-Ray Absorption Fine Structure, Virtual (XAFS2021) invites you to submit an abstract for presentation at the Conference.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
- All abstracts to be submitted online by 9 May 2021.
- Only Students and ECR < 10 years can submit for the 2021 Virtual Conference
- Virtual Oral and Poster presentations available
The XAFS Virtual 2021 Program Committee are pleased to confirm the below themes for the Conference.
- Addressing Climate Change
- Atoms and Molecules
- Chemically Specific Imaging with XAS
- Cultural Heritage
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Electro Catalysis
- Energy Storage
- Energy Technology
- Environmental Science
- In-situ Methods
- Instrumentation Inc. Lab Based XAS/XES Systems and New Beamline Technology
- Life Science, Biology, Biochemistry and Medicine
- Materials Science and Energy-Related Materials
- New Methods and Combination of Techniques
- New Methods and Theory
- Preparation of Biological Samples for XAS
- Radioactive and Nuclear Materials
- Soft Matter
- Software Data Analysis
- Spectroscopies at XFEL Sources, Time-Resolved and Ultrafast Techniques
- Surfaces and Interfaces
- XAS in the Medium Energy Range
- XAS, XES and XFM capabilities of the new Australian medium energy X-ray beamline
- X-ray Microscopy and Tomography
- X-ray Raman and Soft Edges
- X-ray Scattering, Electron Spectroscopy, Photo-in & Photon-out Spectroscopy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long should my abstract be?
Your abstract should have a maximum of 300 words excluding authors, affiliations and title.
When do abstract submissions close?
Abstract submissions close on Saturday 9 May 2021.
Can I submit more than one abstract?
Yes, multiple abstract submissions are permitted.
Can I edit my abstract?
Yes, you may view and edit your abstract in the Submission Portal. However, once you have submitted your abstract, you will need to contact the Conference Secretariat if you wish to make any further changes.
How will I know that I have successfully uploaded my abstract?
After completion of the online submission form, advice that your submission has been successful will appear on your edit abstract screen as "submitted". You will also receive a confirmation email. Please make sure you check your spam folder.
When will I be notified of my abstract's status?
Abstract Submissions will be reviewed after the abstract submission closes on 9 May 2021. Author notifications will be sent by 17 May 2021.
Do I need to register for XAFS 2021?
Yes, all presenting authors must register by Friday 11 June 2021 for their virtual presentation to be included in the Virtual Conference program.
If I have submitted an abstract and I want to withdraw, what do I do?
Presenting authors are allowed to withdraw their abstract by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org at any time until Friday 11 June 2021.
If I have any other enquiries about my abstract, whom do I contact?
If you have any enquiries that are not answered above, please contact the Conference Secretariat at email@example.com.
Call for Abstracts Open
Abstract Submission Deadline
9 May 2021
17 May 2021
Presenters Registration Date
11 June 2021
Terms and Conditions
It is a condition of acceptance of the abstract that at least the presenting author must register to attend the Conference and present the submission. Final abstract acceptance requires registration and payment by the deadline of 11 June 2021. Submission of posters implies the author’s agreement to publish the poster in all Conference publications including the website.
Acceptance of abstracts does not imply any payment from the Conference Committee. Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Conference Program Committee whose decision is final.